Steamboat Springs is expecting to receive our usual amount of Champagne Powder snow this winter, and the mountain and our town will be ready for plenty of skiing and riding. COVID-19 has changed a few things here in Steamboat Springs, and here’s our guide on how to be prepared. Expect to follow the Routt County Five Commitments to Containment: wash your hands, wear a mask, maintain 6 feet of social distancing, stay at home and immediately seek testing when symptoms become present.
Restaurants and bars will likely be operating at reduced capacity. Getting a table at our restaurants can be difficult during peak times in Steamboat during normal times. We recommend making your reservations as early as possible, even before you arrive in town, to ensure your table will be ready for you. Our restaurant community will also be offering great take home options this winter so you can have restaurant quality food at your vacation home.
The Steamboat Free Bus will also likely be operating at reduced capacity this ski season. Plan some extra time to get from town to the mountain or from the mountain to town. Other options for transportation are Go Alpine!, Uber, and Lyft.
Steamboat Ski Resort
The following guidelines will be implemented by Steamboat Resort in order to keep our ski season healthy, safe, and fun as ever! Please keep these new regulations in mind as you plan for your stay in Steamboat Springs.
- Reservations for Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, and Steamboat pass holders are not required at Steamboat, at this time.
- To limit on-mountain capacity, especially during holiday and peak periods, we currently are not offering, and will be tightly regulating, stand-alone lift tickets and other products. Advanced purchase packages and season pass products are the only way to access the mountain at this time.
- Single day lift tickets for Steamboat Resort can now be purchased on the Steamboat website here.
- Lift-line management (specific queue times) may be necessary during holiday and peak periods. If this is the case, guests will receive further instructions closer to, or during, the season.
- Lodges and restaurants will be reconfigured to allow more space between tables.
- Expanded outdoor dining options.
- Advanced reservations for Snowsports School lessons are required. Private lesson class sizes will be limited to 5 students. Group lessons will be half-day sessions with a target of 5 students per instructor. Children ages 2.5 to 4 years old may participate in private lessons with a maximum of 2 students. Childcare and group lessons will not be available for children under 5.
- Common COVID practices: We have all become accustomed to wearing facial coverings, socially distancing, practicing healthy hand washing/sanitizing, increased cleaning efforts at all high-touch points, etc. These practices will remain a priority for Steamboat Ski Resort staff and guests.
Ski Rentals, Getting to Steamboat and Luggage Shipping
Four Seasons Steamboat is proud to partner with multiple companies to offer discounts for ski rentals, local transportation to and from the Steamboat and Denver airport and Luggage Free luggage shipping. Check our our latest offers on our Deals page.